Are you searching for ways to get in shape but don’t know where to begin? Have you considered a spa-like session to achieve the body you desire? Popular non-invasive treatments such as CoolSculpting® and truSculpt® can help you get the results you’re looking for by improving definition and reducing your measurements. This article will provide you with an in-depth comparison of CoolSculpting and truSculpt flex, so you can decide which treatment is best suited to your needs.
What is the Difference Between Trusculpt and Coolsculpting Treatments?
TruSculpt and CoolSculpting are both non-surgical fat reduction treatments that use different methods to destroy fat cells.
Method of Fat Cell Destruction:
- CoolSculpting uses cold to freeze and destroy fat cells in targeted areas.
- TruSculpt iD uses radiofrequency heat to destroy fat cells and can also treat skin laxity and texture.
- Both treatments are quick, painless, and take less than an hour per session.
- Patients are comfortable enough during the treatments to multitask by watching TV, working, reading, or even napping.
- Both procedures deliver expected results and have high success rates.
- TruSculpt iD results in fat loss of about 24%, while CoolSculpting results in about 20-25% fat loss.
- CoolSculpting targets specific parts of the body such as thighs and tummy.
- TruSculpt iD is suitable for all skin types and works in various areas.
- TruSculpt iD treatments typically cost between $400 and $1200 per session.
- CoolSculpting sessions usually range from $2000 to $4000 each.
Which Areas of the body can be treated with Trusculpt and Coolsculpting?
Areas that can be treated with TruSculpt:
- Love handles
- Inner and outer thighs
- Knee fat
- Bra fat
- The area of fat below the buttock
- Double chin
Areas that can be treated with CoolSculpting:
- Bra fat
- Back fat
- Underneath the buttocks
- Upper arms
- Double chin
What are the Treatment Times with Trusculpt and Coolsculpting?
The treatment times for TruSculpt and CoolSculpting vary depending on the area of the body being treated.
TruSculpt: Treatment times for TruSculpt typically range from 15-30 minutes per area.
CoolSculpting: Treatment times for CoolSculpting typically range from 35-75 minutes per area.
TruSculpt has a shorter treatment time due to its use of radiofrequency heat to eliminate fat cells. This method is faster than CoolSculpting, as it uses controlled cooling to achieve the same result.
What are the Temperatures for Trusculpting and Coolsculpting?
The temperatures used in TruSculpt and CoolSculpting treatments differ due to their different methods of fat cell destruction.
TruSculpt: TruSculpt uses radiofrequency heat to heat fat cells to a specific temperature that causes them to die. The temperature at the treatment head is typically between 45-47°C (113-117°F).
CoolSculpting: CoolSculpting uses controlled cooling to freeze fat cells to a temperature that causes them to die. The temperature at the treatment head is typically -10 to -12°C (14 to 10°F).
What is the Recovery Time After Trusculpt and Coolsculpting Treatments?
Both TruSculpt and CoolSculpting require minimal recovery time. After a TruSculpt procedure, you may experience mild and temporary side effects such as redness and tenderness. However, most patients can resume normal activities immediately after the treatment.
Similarly, following a CoolSculpting treatment, you may experience mild and temporary side effects, including redness, swelling, and bruising. Nonetheless, most patients can return to their regular activities right after the treatment.
Although rare, there are instances where patients experience more severe side effects such as nerve damage or skin dimpling. However, such incidents are infrequent.
Which Treatment is Effective Trusculpt or CoolSculpting?
Both TruSculpt and CoolSculpting are effective non-surgical fat reduction treatments that offer permanent fat reduction results.
Advantages of TruSculpt:
- TruSculpt uses radiofrequency heat to destroy fat cells and can also treat skin laxity and texture.
- TruSculpt is suitable for all skin types and works in various areas of the body.
- TruSculpt delivers precise results within weeks and has a three times faster recovery rate than CoolSculpting.
Advantages of CoolSculpting:
- CoolSculpting uses cold to freeze and destroy fat cells in targeted areas such as the thighs and tummy.
- CoolSculpting has a high success rate and leads to a 20-25% reduction in fat.
- CoolSculpting is a pinch-free treatment that has minimal recovery time.